SWS Forum

Full Version: Same Brokerage--New Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently with a Prudential office. Prudential has recently been acquired by Bershire Hathaway and our office is set to convert in January. So far, it seems like all good news. We will be reimbursed for our first batch of new business cards and sign riders and any other marketing expense incurred as a result of the change. I'm not sure if this is BH Corporation doing this or my broker.

We will get a yearly subscription to Docusign at no charge (I currently pay out of my pocket for it), a contact management system which will pull data directly from our local MLS, and a few other goodies. I guess those franchise fees that come out of every commission should get us something! As things stand right now, it seems like I don't get a whole lot of anything from Prudential (just some dated back-office technology which gives a few cold/soft leads from time to time), so I am actually very excited about the change. Plus, I've never been convinced that the Prudential name was top-of-mind in my market area. I understand that an entirely new name will be even less recognizable, but I am hoping there will be a bit of a buzz about the new name in town.

The brokerage will be getting a new website and each agent can build an individual page from it. The new website will send out leads to the list of office agents in a "round-robin" fashion. I'm looking forward to this.

Any thoughts about the agent web pages from the main brokerage pages (e.g. effectiveness, generic, etc.). And is anybody with a brokerage that has the "round-robin" sort of lead distribution? If so, what has been your experience with it?

Thanks!
I'm with a Coldwell Banker office and it sounds like we have similar offerings. The agent web page we can create is pretty generic, but is a good way to at least list basic information and a little something that to show your personality. In almost two years, I've only had one person even mention having seen it, but she was an out of state property owner looking for a listing agent and chose me because she liked the profile! We have a "Lead Router" service that distributes leads in a round-robin fashion. I've never gotten a solid lead through it, but other agents in my office have had success with it so it is luck of the draw. Our system tracks your response time to leads, and requires you to update lead status in order to be eligible for new leads, so be sure to keep that updated if yours works the same way. As with all tools, I think you get out of them what you put in. I do hope this change is a positive one for you!
Thanks for sharing your experiences, Christine. I have a feeling the agent web pages will be a bit generic, but like you said--at least it's something. Thanks for the tip on staying current with the lead routing system. I'm hoping it will result in at least a few solid leads here and there. I am looking forward to starting the new year under the new brokerage name. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
(11-08-2013 10:00 PM)Lisa Marie Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently with a Prudential office. Prudential has recently been acquired by Bershire Hathaway and our office is set to convert in January. So far, it seems like all good news. We will be reimbursed for our first batch of new business cards and sign riders and any other marketing expense incurred as a result of the change. I'm not sure if this is BH Corporation doing this or my broker.

We will get a yearly subscription to Docusign at no charge (I currently pay out of my pocket for it), a contact management system which will pull data directly from our local MLS, and a few other goodies. I guess those franchise fees that come out of every commission should get us something! As things stand right now, it seems like I don't get a whole lot of anything from Prudential (just some dated back-office technology which gives a few cold/soft leads from time to time), so I am actually very excited about the change. Plus, I've never been convinced that the Prudential name was top-of-mind in my market area. I understand that an entirely new name will be even less recognizable, but I am hoping there will be a bit of a buzz about the new name in town.

The brokerage will be getting a new website and each agent can build an individual page from it. The new website will send out leads to the list of office agents in a "round-robin" fashion. I'm looking forward to this.

Any thoughts about the agent web pages from the main brokerage pages (e.g. effectiveness, generic, etc.). And is anybody with a brokerage that has the "round-robin" sort of lead distribution? If so, what has been your experience with it?

Thanks!

(11-08-2013 10:00 PM)Lisa Marie Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently with a Prudential office. Prudential has recently been acquired by Bershire Hathaway and our office is set to convert in January. So far, it seems like all good news. We will be reimbursed for our first batch of new business cards and sign riders and any other marketing expense incurred as a result of the change. I'm not sure if this is BH Corporation doing this or my broker.

Thanks!

Dear Christine,

Am with the new launch of Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices and am really excited. Looking forward to the Best year ever. I quit my job and am 2014 bound! Keep in touch Christine, would love to hear how things go and share experiences.

Cynthia
303-884-6741
Cynthia, I think I'm understanding that you are with a Prudential office that will be converting to BHHS? Then we are both in the same boat. I will let you know how things go for me and please do the same. Thanks!
Reference URL's