Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Top Producer vs Moresolds
04-05-2010, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 06:49 AM by Jennifer Allan Hagedorn.)
Top Producer vs Moresolds
NOTE FROM JENNIFER: In conjunction with the creation of the new Contact Management with Soul board, I'm moving all our past contact management discussions here!

Don't know if this question has been asked before, but I was just wondering which contact management system you prefer and why. What do you find are the pros and cons of Top Producer vs Moresolds? Do you think that using one of these managers has increased your business. Are there any other systems that would work as well besides these two? Thanks,
Patty
04-05-2010, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2012 06:32 AM by Jennifer Allan Hagedorn.)
Re: Top Producer vs Moresolds
4/14/2012 NOTE: I no longer recommend MoreSolds... see comments further down for details!

Those are the two management systems I've used and I can recommend them both.

If you can afford TP and are willing to learn it, it's probably the better long-term investment. But the learning curve is steep, even if you only use a few of the features (which is what I did).

I'm currently using Moresolds and I like it. There are some things it doesn't do that it should, and I'm hoping that the next upgrade will take care of these things, but they're really glaring omissions. However, the learning curve is non-existent and the price is right.

I recommend Moresolds for people who just want to get started with a minimum of fuss and hassle. But Top Producer is a better product.

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I can only speak for TopProducer.  I started with it about 3 months after I got my license.  Finally in my 6th year I feel like I'm starting to take advantage of it's power.  It has great features, but they take time to learn and set up.  TP technical support is the best though!  Whatever problem I'm having I can call and they spend all the time I need to sort it out.  My only complaint is that TP still won't allow you to send an email attachment over 5KB.  That can be a pain in the butt!  Oh, and you can't recall an email -- would've been nice when I sent out the April Event calendar with the subject line "Upcoming February Events"  :-[
05-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I recommend RealFutureCRM - there is a free version, in case you want to try it out (up to 500 contacts, which is great for people like me who have a smaller SOI list).

You can send graphics-based email to your list, and you can segment between Group 1 and Group 2 SOI contacts.

It's completely web-based, which is great, because I can use it at home, or in the office.

It has rules-based scheduling, so if you are doing something like a Borino expireds program, you can create a follow-up plan for each of your contacts (i.e., drop off expired package, send a letter 10 days after drop-off, call 5 days after the 10th day, then 5 days after that, etc.).

You can also create escrow checklists using the activity plan thing...

It's simple, but powerful.  I recommend it -- RealFutureCRM a great database to keep your SOI in.
11-19-2010, 01:24 PM
(04-05-2010 01:26 PM)Jennifer Allan link Wrote:  I'm currently using Moresolds and I like it. There are some things it doesn't do that it should, and I'm hoping that the next upgrade will take care of these things, but they're really glaring omissions.

Hi Jennifer,

I'm starting to research the various CRM options and just came across MoreSolds.  It looks very promising, especially for the price.  I'm curious though, what are the glaring omissions that you mentioned? 

The site I'll be putting together is for my father.  I think he is web savvy enough to learn a program like Top Producer, but at the same time, he likely doesn't have the time or interest in doing so if there is a more user friendly alternative.  Thanks for your help,

Ethan
11-19-2010, 01:42 PM
I actually gave up on Moresolds awhile ago. The things it didn't do were pretty glaring and while they promised to "look into them," as far as I can tell, nothing changed. And my objections were pretty basic.

For example, you can't print out your database except as mailing labels. I wanted to print my list and include all information, specifically birthdays, but alas - can't do it.

Also, they don't have a way to print labels that include both names on the profile. So if you want to send a mailing to Bob and Nancy Smith, you can't do it. It'll just print out to Bob Smith.

I tried to set up reminders for myself and they only worked sporadically, which does no one any good.

I still have my Moresolds account, but I only use it to look up addresses. If I were running a business that needed even basic contact management, I would not use Moresolds.

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
11-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks so much for the quick response!  That's disappointing.  It did seem almost too good to be true.  I may still try out a free account, but I'll continue my search and look a bit further into Top Producer.  I have considered piecing together a solution using different programs.  Highrise for CRM, Mailchimp for email marketing, etc.  Quite a lot of options to sift through. 

Thanks for your help. 
11-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I was pretty bummed too.

Did you read my blog last week about finding the RIGHT tool for each task instead of looking for an all-in-one?

11-23-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm looking into a crm system and have come upon realtyjuggler.  It seems to have the features I would need and there are several youtube help videos on the product.  Its cheap too, $99 per year with 90 days free.  Of course, you never know about these products until you get in and use them for a bit.  Thats why I have been keeping my basic database in Outlook so I have that to upload to whatever system I decide to use.
11-24-2010, 04:44 AM
I did the free trial of Realtyjuggler as well and liked it. I didn't dig in deep enough to be able to flat-out recommend it, but I liked what I saw.