Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please pardon the silly question :)
04-26-2010, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 06:51 AM by Jennifer Allan Hagedorn.)
Please pardon the silly question :)
NOTE FROM JENNIFER: In conjunction with the creation of the new Contact Management with Soul board, I'm moving all our past contact management discussions here!

Hello everyone, me again, but this time newly licensed!  (Yay, go me!)
I guess this question is mainly for Jennifer and it may be silly, but I'm curious, not being a computer person in any sense of the word, how do you get your mass emails that you send to us to look so nice with a colorful background and your picture at the bottom and such?  I want to do a nice one like that when I announce to my SOI that I'm in real estate now because I just think it looks really nice and catches your attention.  Is it a specific contact management system that does that?  I've just "joined" MoreSolds because of the price and wonder what I can do with that.
Please be as "user-friendly" in your reply, as, again, NOT a computer person here!  Smile
Thanks,
Susan
04-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Re: Please pardon the silly question :)
Hey Susan...

Well, I'm glad you like my emails!

For the record, I believe that emailed newsletter-y notes should be pretty simple. And I'm not a huge fan of having anything fancier than a pretty signature on your day-to-day personal emails. My "pretty" letterhead that I use to communicate with y'all is as fancy as I'll get and I do get good response from it.

Anyway, I use Constant Contact for my mass emails. I like their program, even though the delivery rate seems to be fairly low (that means - their emails get blocked as spam by your audience's spam filters). I haven't used any other mass email provider; Constant Contact is probably the best known.

I suspect MoreSolds will work for mass emails as well... I have their service and will look into it today or tomorrow... and share my thoughts!

I designed my "letterhead" myself - and it was pretty easy. There are a few steps to follow (and Constant Contact has good instructions), but if you know someone more computer-literate than you are, they could do it for you quickly. My yellow-flower letterhead is simply a crop of a daisy graphic (I did it in http://www.picnik.com) that I resized to fit the Constant Contact banner exactly.

Does this help get you started at all? If you want to do a trial period at Constant Contact, you can get $30 off your enrollment (if you enroll later) by being invited by a current member (that member gets $30 too). I can invite you, or there are plenty of others here who could, too!

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey Jennifer--
Yes, that does help!  I've looked around at Constant Contact some today, too, and it actually sounds a little better than the More Solds that I looked at yesterday.  They've got what looks to be nice templates that you can completely customize, which is what I'm looking for (where most of the work is done for me and I can drag and drop things I don't like).  Basically I just want a nice attention-grabbing email for my SOI announcement that's not too busy with eye candy but yet is professional looking and begs to be read.  That's not too much to want, is it?  Smile
I think I'll do the 60-day free trial, see how it works and then I'd love to get $30 off if you'd invite me!  Thanks!!
Susan
04-27-2010, 04:41 PM
I just sent you the invitation!

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Thank you, Jennifer!!  (and don't mean to bug you, but do you have the teleseminar from last weekend edited yet that you could send me a link to it?....just sooo anxious to listen!)  Smile