Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Welcome to the Contact Management with Soul Board
03-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Welcome to the Contact Management with Soul Board
I get SO many questions about contact management - and it suddenly dawned on me one morning that it might make sense to create a centralized spot in SWSLand to post and respond to them! So... here we are!

Through the years, I've shared my thoughts about and frustrations with the whole topic of contact management - at one point I sort of washed my hands of it all and said "I just don't know; figure it out yourself and let me know what you come up with." There just didn't seem to be ONE best product, or even a product I liked much once I dug into it.

I used to love and recommend Top Producer. And it's indeed a fine product. But it's HARD to learn and the one-year contract put a lot of people off. Once they upgraded from 7i to 8i and I, as a former power user of 7i couldn't figure out how to navigate the "upgrade," I terminated my TP subscription and went in search of an alternative.

Tried a lot of systems and was unhappy with all of them. Either they were too hard to learn (I'm impatient about such things - if something is going to take me 8 hours of trial and error to learn, it's not gonna get my money or my vote), or they didn't do something (or many somethings) that in my mind was/were basic, they were clunky and/or unintuitive, or any number of other unforgivables.

That's when I threw up my hands and gave up for awhile.

But y'all continued to ask me for my advice and recommendations, so I decided to try again. And I did find a system I love and can whole-heartedly recommend. YAY!!!!! (IXACT Contact http://www.ixactcontact.com/ja).

But whether you use IXACT or another system, I want to help you USE it with SOUL. To manage your sphere of influence efforts. To keep on top of your transactions and listings, and shoot, your entire life. Because contact management, when USED, can be life-and-business-changing.

So, bring on your questions, concerns, comments and ideas. I'm ready for ya!

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Re: Welcome to the Contact Management with Soul Board
I am still in the 60-day trial period for IXACT Contact, and I love it! Thanks for recommending it!

Still some things I'd like to see "tweaked", but they're always so willing to hear suggestions and that's great.

Also, it's so much like Outlook (which I've used for 4 years for appointments, etc), but much better with the CONTRACT management functions.

I'm looking forward to seeing what others post on this board.  Smile
04-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Re: Welcome to the Contact Management with Soul Board
I like the Ixact contact trial.  So far I have been adding contacts and tasks. I will be ready to add my own letter soon. 
I unclick the mass email stuff, so far I personalize each email.  Also the mass email button kind of scares me because maybe I'll send something (possibly by accident) that will mean absolutlly nothing to the recipient.  I am taking baby steps and the next one is the editing of the letters and adding my own.  I am having fun! well you know, the work type fun.

I think it could use a little color.  Maybe some light blues and greens.  It would be nice on the eyes and less industry like.   
01-20-2012, 11:02 AM
RE: Welcome to the Contact Management with Soul Board
Jennifer,
In what major ways is ixact contact better than moresolds, in your opinion? I think you are affiliated with ixact, and I see you have used moresolds.
Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
01-20-2012, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 11:47 AM by Lindy Taylor.)
I have used Ixact for a few months now and like having all of my clients in one spot. On occassion I do send a mass email to touch my sphere but it is not salesy or cheesy. Normally its about something cool going on in the city or something funny that happened to me at a showing (like seeing a big black snake crawl out of the attic hatch).

I do think it would be great if there was a way to incorporate a video message easier than just a youtube link (such as like the video emailer Bomb Bomb does it). This would be the next addition for Ixact to make it current and competitive.

I do not use the 'what to do today' feature of Ixact, tending to use my iPhone for such activities. And auto emails are not my style. But so far, it seems to be worth the $$ to me.
04-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Lindy or Jennifer,

Have you also invested in Gary David Hall's Trans-Plans for IXACT? I just went with the free-trial and am loving what I see with IXACT to this point, wondering if it is worth in buying the additional plans.

Thanks in advance.
04-12-2012, 04:51 PM
The best part of IXACT, is Jennifer's contract to close reminders. Holy cow, I'm so on top of things, the closings I've had since using IXACT have gone so smoothly, my clients love, love love me for such easy closings, and the lenders and other side are so impressed that I'm "so together". It's by far, one of the best investment I've made into my business.

Chiara (KEY-r-ah) Petro
Your KEY to home in Knoxville TN
04-25-2012, 05:41 PM
I have been using iXact contact for a few months now and it's ok but it doesn't not work for a team. They say they are working on that functionality but until then it's not really working for us. Does anyone know of a contact management system that works well in a team environment? Has anyone used Wise Agent?
05-27-2012, 07:52 AM
I am on week 3 of the free trial and really like ixactcont. I am a 20+ year veteran of using contact management, and I am very impressed. There are a few things I would like to add/tweak, but hopefully they will come with time.
06-11-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm on the 30 day trial with IXACT. I find it very intuitive. But, the best part has been the customer support. I was testing Realty Juggler & had input my contacts. I called IXACT for support for importing. I was asked to email the csv file to them. It took 10 minutes!! I'm impressed! Thanks for the recommendation Jennifer.