Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Intro
01-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Intro
What up people!!!! Big Grin I love that this site exists. I am sitting here in my cubicle while a class (which I was pushed to take...and did not) is taking place out in the learning center, where everyone has just come in to share the results of their homework. They had to cold call their sphere and ask for referrals (among other things) and share their results today (and again every day for the next 4 weeks). They just chanted some crap about polishing their scripts and learning more each day in unison! Chanting??? ewwwww! ) This forum came back up just in time for me.

I am soooo grateful to Jennifer and her books for letting me trust my gut in that there has to be a way to succeed in this business without being a d-bag. I have been told over and over that to succeed you gotta do what makes you uncomfortable (jump out of your comfort zone) and do the things other agents don't want to do ... etc... you all know the routine.

It can be depressing to say the least. I almost fell for some of the bull since my SOI is not big here and I am starting up from scratch.

I did find a good guy who had so many buyer leads he has taken me on with 5 others to handle his leads any way we like. My plan is to "soulfully" handle the leads I get while I add to my SOI my own way.

Anyway, happy to finally be able to post and get in on this. I need it. It is rough out there.
Find all posts by this user
01-20-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: Intro
Chanting, eh? Ugh. Glad we could sweep in and restore your grasp on reality... Keep trusting your gut and don't let them get you down. You have friends here who DO GET it....

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Welcome and know that you are safe here and never never will get a stomach ache' unless you are hungry here

Deb
01-21-2012, 10:03 AM
(01-20-2012 06:45 PM)Jennifer Allan Hagedorn Wrote:  Chanting, eh? Ugh. Glad we could sweep in and restore your grasp on reality... Keep trusting your gut and don't let them get you down. You have friends here who DO GET it....

I know most of the people to be really good people and good agents to their clients and have been helpful and encouraging to me. It is crazy what happens in that kind of group dynamic and what you will get yourself to do. Seems like a lot of time and pressure just to get psyched up to do stuff that is so uncomfortable to do (that you know damn well you'd not want done to you.) If a friend called me and re-connected, and then end the whole call with hey btw "insert script here", and then have the balls to ask for numbers of their friends and family to call, I would hang up and never answer from them again.
01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
EXACTLY!!!! What is so hard to understand about that concept???

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
01-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi Paul, hmmmmm, seems like you and I were in the same class, just different places. The chanting and scripts sound hauntingly familiar. I know what you mean about the group dynamic. It just wasn't for me. However, SWS is! I think Jennifer is right about trusting your gut.

It's great to "meet" you.
Lisa