Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tips & Tricks to Maximize Your SWS Forum Experience!
01-27-2012, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2012 07:22 AM by Jennifer Allan Hagedorn.)
Tips & Tricks to Maximize Your SWS Forum Experience!
Here are some tips & tricks I've discovered to making sure you get the most out of your SWS Forum Experience. Feel free to add your own!

Tip #1: Sign yourself up to be notified of new posts in the Forum. There's not a ton of action in there yet, so you won't be overwhelmed with notices at this point. To set yourself up to be notified of new posts, just click on each Board Name (e.g. "Selling Real Estate with Soul") and then select Subscribe to this Forum which you'll find right under the NEW THREAD button on the right. Do this for each Board you want to keep track of. If you ever want to unsubscribe to a Board, you just do the same thing, except you'll click "Unsubscribe to this Forum" (clever, eh?)

Tip #2: Your User CP. In case it's not obvious what a "User CP" is (it sure wasn't to me!), it's your User Control Panel and you can find it at the top of the Forum underneath where it says "Welcome back, YOUR NAME." That's where you'll find lots of options to customize your SWS Forum experience. By the way, the Edit Options option under Your Profile is where you can change the time zone (it's set to Central Time as the default).

Tip #3: If you want to see all the new posts and comments, there's an app for that! Or, rather, a link. It's at the top of the page, underneath User CP, called View New Posts.

Tip #4: Your About Me in your Connect Account profile. I notice that lots of you haven't completed your About Me's. Hey, I get it; I actually didn't do mine either at first. BUT... other Connectors will probably be using our Member Map & Search to look for SWS'ers to refer to, so put something in there that would inspire them to want to talk to YOU! And of course, help us all get to know each other better. No need to be fancy or formal; if you can't think of anything to say, just start by telling us what Selling with Soul means to you and why you're here.

Tip #5 : Photos - there have been some issues with uploading photos... the primary problems seem to be 1) trying to do it on your iPad which won't work - it's not our fault - it's an Apple issue; or 2) trying to upload a picture that's too big. 2MB is the limit! If you're having problems and it's neither of these, let us know with as much detail as you can provide.

Tip #6 : Reply versus Quick Reply. When you're making comments on Forum threads, you can either do it with a Quick Reply or just a Reply. Quick Reply is when you use the basic reply box at the bottom of the thread. But if you want to make your Reply fancier, with emoticons and other formatting, just hit the REPLY button at the bottom of the last comment and you'll be taken to a much cooler reply box.

Anything else you'd like to add? Please do!

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: Tips & Tricks to Maximize Your SWS Forum Experience!
Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?

pass4sure dumps and braindumps pass4sure dumps and braindumps
640-802 exam 640-802 exam
SY0-301 exam SY0-301 exam
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Not sure what you're asking, Robin... What form?

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
01-24-2013, 06:48 AM
Dear Jennifer,

So grateful for all the resources offered and your personal response to questions via email. It is usually after the response I find the answer on the site! What a wealth of information and resources. I have been spreading the news to agents I am meeting in the area as well as mortgage brokers that might have interest in the activerain!

Thank you again for helping me load my toolbox!

Cynthia Lowry
06-05-2017, 03:39 AM
So appreciative for every one of the assets offered and your own reaction to questions by means of email. It is typically after the reaction I discover the appropriate response on the site! What an abundance of data and assets. I have been spreading the news to operators Someone to Write My Research Paper for Me I am meeting in the territory and in addition contract handles that may have enthusiasm for the activera
12-16-2017, 06:40 AM
It is also after the reaction I find the solution at the web page! What a wealth of statistics and sources. I have been spreading the news to retailers I'm an assembly in the place in addition to loan brokers that could have a hobby in the active rain. So appreciative of each one of the properties provided and your own reaction to questions by e-mail. DailyAssignmentHelp