Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Soon to be agent
03-11-2012, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 09:22 AM by Fab Frugal Jane.)
Soon to be agent
Studying for the California RE exam right now, and hope to have my license within the next month or so. Read Jennifer's book, "If You're Not Having Fun..." and it really hit home for me, because I was a mortgage rep who also sold with soul for 13 years. Although her book was written for RE folks, it could just as easily fit in with selling mortgages too.

My job ended with the financial collapse, and in 2010 I created a website related to my passion for homes. http://www.home-remodeling-decorating.co...-jane.html

Now, I'm asking the universe to lead me to the best broker/office, one that uses SWS principals, and who''ll "let me be me".

Excited to start reading "Prospecting With Soul" tonight Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 05:59 AM
RE: Soon to be agent
Hey Frugal Jane - love the name!

And Welcome to SWS... looking forward to getting to know you. I clicked your link, but nothing came up - can you check it?

You might check the Connect Locator to see if there are other SWS'ers in your area - maybe even an SWS broker - who could help you find the right office to launch from.

Have a wonderful week, my new friend!

(03-11-2012 04:13 PM)Fab Frugal Jane Wrote:  Studying for the California RE exam right now, and hope to have my license within the next month or so. Read Jennifer's book, "If You're Not Having Fun..." and it really hit home for me, because I was a mortgage rep who also sold with soul for 13 years. Although her book was written for RE folks, it could just as easily fit in with selling mortgages too.

My job ended with the financial collapse, and in 2010 I created a website related to my passion for homes. http://www.home-remodeling-decorating.com/about-jane.

Now, I'm asking the universe to lead me to the best broker/office, one that uses SWS principals, and who''ll "let me be me".

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
03-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks Jennifer! The link is fixed now, as I forgot the .html code at the end.

I signed up for you webinar on Thursday and plan to attend Friday mornings scavenger hunt as well.

(03-12-2012 05:59 AM)Jennifer Allan Hagedorn Wrote:  Hey Frugal Jane - love the name!

And Welcome to SWS... looking forward to getting to know you. I clicked your link, but nothing came up - can you check it?

You might check the Connect Locator to see if there are other SWS'ers in your area - maybe even an SWS broker - who could help you find the right office to launch from.

Have a wonderful week, my new friend!

(03-11-2012 04:13 PM)Fab Frugal Jane Wrote:  Studying for the California RE exam right now, and hope to have my license within the next month or so. Read Jennifer's book, "If You're Not Having Fun..." and it really hit home for me, because I was a mortgage rep who also sold with soul for 13 years. Although her book was written for RE folks, it could just as easily fit in with selling mortgages too.

My job ended with the financial collapse, and in 2010 I created a website related to my passion for homes. http://www.home-remodeling-decorating.co...-jane.html

03-12-2012, 03:51 PM
(03-12-2012 05:59 AM)Jennifer Allan Hagedorn Wrote:  You might check the Connect Locator to see if there are other SWS'ers in your area - maybe even an SWS broker - who could help you find the right office to launch from.
Somewhat related note...I just now noticed the Connect Locator. How does one get listed there? I can't seem to find myself...But then, that's a problem I've had going on in real life for years. Blush
03-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Andy - is your address entered properly on your profile? The map markers are placed there by a google geocoding system, so if google doesn't recognize the address, you won't show up. Also, have you zoomed in close enough to see if someone else's marker is sitting right on top of yours?

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
03-13-2012, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 10:59 AM by Andy Perkins.)
Thanks, Jennifer--My address is correct. I tried a slightly different configuration to see if it "takes." There's nobody else for a few miles around me, so I don't think I would be hidden.
03-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Andy - you're there now! And thank you for pointing out a crazy little glitch in the mapping system!

03-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Woohoo! Validation! Tongue

Thanks for looking into that...And now, back to your regularly scheduled program.