Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi from Delaware
04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi from Delaware
Hello all. I am so happy I found Jennifer's books and this web site. I was starting to get a bit discouraged about my new career choice when I started reading so much about the need for cold calling and other aggressive sales methods, but am feeling much better now.

I have passed my test and am finalizing things with my broker of choice so that I can very soon be an honest to goodness real estate agent. I've been interested in doing this ever since I was involved in some commercial real estate transactions through my "previous life" as an accountant. Found out last July that the company I've spent many years with would be closing and I needed to decide what I wanted to be when I grow up, and this is it. I won't bore you all with the gory details of helping to close down a company, but I think that experience will be invaluable to me as it made me think more about my personal motivations and values, the importance of good communication (especially in difficult situations), and the value of the Golden Rule. I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you and sharing my experiences as well.
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: Hi from Delaware
Hi Christine! Welcome!
Find all posts by this user
04-07-2012, 07:25 AM
RE: Hi from Delaware
We're here for you, Christine! Trust me - you'll have days where you think YOU'RE the crazy one with all the terrible advice you'll get... when that happens, come back here and we'll assure you that you aren't ;-]

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user