Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Contact Mgt Systems ...
09-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Contact Mgt Systems ...
Before I was a Realtor I was an online consultant/writer and I always managed all my contacts/info via Gmail and still do for the most part. i.e. everything nicely syncs between my 'puter and my iPhone and I can have gazillions of contacts easily housed in my Gmail account with added notes/info if I need them.

Eventually though I realize I may have to buck up for a "system" more attuned to real estate. But here's my thing: I've been using Aweber for YEARS to manage my email lists and I love it and am sorta married to it now. If I go with say IXACT contact mgt system aren't I paying for features I already have with Gmail/Aweber?

I realize contact mgt systems like IXACT enable true relational database functionality so someone please explain HOW/WHY that's worth it to you? Someone preferably quite Type A like myself who tends to be very organized anyway =)

Karri
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2012, 06:16 AM
RE: Contact Mgt Systems ...
I wouldn't think Aweber (which I use extensively) would be a substitute for a contact management system. Just two completely different products.

You can get IXACT free for six months as a new agent - I think you'd love it... have you read my Contact Management with SOUL page - http://www.sellwithsoul.com/contact-management?

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
09-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Hmm, they only offer a 60-day free trial? (According to the signup page). I would like to try it though!
09-16-2012, 10:24 AM
It's a 60-day free trial which can be extended to 6 months if you're in your first year. Just sign up here: http://www.ixactcontact.com/ja and when it comes through let me know and I'll get the 6 month dealio for you.

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
09-16-2012, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 11:22 AM by Alberta Realtor.)
Well I signed up for the free trial but it is looking like they bill extra for wireless synchronization which sorta puts me off. I love Gmail because it's all in the cloud and what happens on my iPhone happens on my computer and vica versa. I am actually a bit surprised that any contact management system these days doesn't AUTOMATICALLY come with an app for easy synchronization between devices. And why are they charging extra for this???

Anyone else doing the iPhone sync with ixact?
Karri
09-16-2012, 11:30 AM
I actually don't think they do anymore - charge for the wireless synch that is - or maybe I dreamed that...but it seems I heard they recently changed that.

I can put you in touch with my guy over there to discuss any of your concerns!

09-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Cool. Thanks!! I did send a email to support but if you have your own dude there, even better Smile

I WANT to find something I love so I use it but sync-ing is critical for moi. I rely on my iPhone for everything!
09-17-2012, 09:11 PM
(09-16-2012 11:30 AM)Jennifer Allan Hagedorn Wrote:  I actually don't think they do anymore - charge for the wireless synch that is - or maybe I dreamed that...but it seems I heard they recently changed that.

I can put you in touch with my guy over there to discuss any of your concerns!

I received an email a week or two ago that sync is now free for current Ixact customers. So you didn't dream it. Smile

Chiara (KEY-r-ah) Petro
Your KEY to home in Knoxville TN
09-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Kay, so I signed up for the free trial and they've imported my contacts for me (seems like very good customer service so far?). Am curious to see how this sync thing works. Right now I've got my iPhone synched with my Gmail and Gmail contacts ... am assuming they're going to somehow merge this all together into one email system? Does this mean I have to give up Gmail or use two systems simultaneously? (ixact + gmail)

Hmm ... I'm a tad married to Gmail. Can ya tell? LOL.
Karri
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Karri,
Can you let me know how that goes.

I am currently debating between IXACT and TP.

Right now, I love my gmail for contacts and calendar. I don't know what I'd do without it!

I know TP supposedly syncs all the calendars and contacts...so I want to see how that works with IXACT....

Or if anyone else has any know how about this, I'd love to hear from your experience!