Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Contact Mgt Systems ...
03-14-2013, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 11:48 AM by Alberta Realtor.)
RE: Contact Mgt Systems ...
Hi TMack -

I tried and tested a bunch of software and well, 99% of them just don't work that well or they are redundant and you end up entering things over and over again in different systems (which I refuse to do).

So I ended up going with the following "platter" of products which ALL play nice together, for cheap:

Highrise Contact Management software (by 37 Signals)
Collabspot app for Gmail (shows everything going on in Highrise, from your Gmail dashboard)
Highrise app for iPhone
Gmail calendar/contacts/etc, both on my computer and my iPhone, all synched up nicely
AutoTaskMe software (triggers recurring tasks in Highrise which also show up as reminders in Gmail/calendar)
Dropbox (ALL my work is in the cloud and I can email any document any time to anyone from my iPhone)
Genius Scan (turns your iPhone into a scanner so you can store/email PDFs of anything)

I'm sure I have a few other goodies but those are the main ones.

The KEY to bliss here is the recurring tasks and managing clients from prospect to close to beyond. So, when I have a new/potential buyer or seller, I just add them to Highrise as a new contact. When they start to look like they might DO something, I create a new "Deal" for them in Highrise. The Deal is either Pending, Won or Lost. AutoTaskMe triggers a to-do list with deadlines automagically, based on the Deal status. It ALL FLOWS TOGETHER. Easy peasy amazing awesomeness.

I'm also on a Mac, for whatever it's worth.

I have been working online with clients since 2005. I researched every permutation and option out there when I became a real estate agent. If there is something more effective (and affordable) than the above, I would love to see it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-13-2013, 05:33 AM
RE: Contact Mgt Systems ...
(03-14-2013 11:43 AM)Alberta Realtor Wrote:  Hi TMack -

I tried and tested a bunch of software and well, 99% of them just don't work that well or they are redundant and you end up entering things over and over again in different systems (which I refuse to do).

So I ended up going with the following "platter" of products which ALL play nice together, for cheap:

Highrise Contact Management software (by 37 Signals)
Collabspot app for Gmail (shows everything going on in Highrise, from your Gmail dashboard)
Highrise app for iPhone
Gmail calendar/contacts/etc, both on my computer and my iPhone, all synched up nicely
AutoTaskMe software (triggers recurring tasks in Highrise which also show up as reminders in Gmail/calendar)
Dropbox (ALL my work is in the cloud and I can email any document any time to anyone from my iPhone)
Genius Scan (turns your iPhone into a scanner so you can store/email PDFs of anything)

I'm sure I have a few other goodies but those are the main ones.

The KEY to bliss here is the recurring tasks and managing clients from prospect to close to beyond. So, when I have a new/potential buyer or seller, I just add them to Highrise as a new contact. When they start to look like they might DO something, I create a new "Deal" for them in Highrise. The Deal is either Pending, Won or Lost. AutoTaskMe triggers a to-do list with deadlines automagically, based on the Deal status. It ALL FLOWS TOGETHER. Easy peasy amazing awesomeness.

I'm also on a Mac, for whatever it's worth.

I have been working online with clients since 2005. I researched every permutation and option out there when I became a real estate agent. If there is something more effective (and affordable) than the above, I would love to see it.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have been looking for a simple product to use and am trying out Realty Juggler on a trial basis.
It is very reasonable, and the support team will talk to you on the phone and very patient when explaining. I have gmail and a company email and am about to switch totally over to GMAIL. R. J. does sync with Gmail fine the tech guy said. I really like using DropBox, and am curious about your High RIse software. Thanks again!
Find all posts by this user