Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I crazy to quit ft job to get into real estate?
04-23-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Am I crazy to quit ft job to get into real estate?
Update! National 85% State 90% = pass YAHHHHHHHHH
Find all posts by this user
04-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Congratulations! And good for you for taking this leap of faith to start a new career.
04-24-2013, 05:00 AM
Thx so much! Terrified of change, but have always wanted to do this Smile
04-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Congrats, Linda.Big Grin

I take the test in about 2 weeks and I too have been using Compucram as well as one other online test taking program. Want to share any test-taking hints with the rest of us Rookies?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2013, 07:32 PM
WTG, Linda!!!
04-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Clark -- I re-read the book from class took two days but well worth it!

Thanks Cracken!

Now tomorrow is the big test....giving my two week notice...
05-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Linda,

Congrats on passing your test. Did you decide on an office yet? What did you finally choose? What played a part of that decision?

I also just resigned from all my hourly positions to jump in to real estate full time. I wish I had given two week notice instead of two months, I really want to get started and waiting two months is slow torture. :-)

Anyway, congrats again!

Julie Marie

Julie Marie

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. ~C.S. Lewis
05-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Hi Julie! I actually gave my notice last week, then emotions took over (been there a long time) and was offered more $.... I am now staying at job. Hoping I can ease into real Estate career. I really want to do real estate, but that jump from ft pay to nothing is very scarey for me. Was going to go with prudential but they will not take pt...so I have to find a broker in area that will take me part time to star.

Good luck and let me know what happens!
05-06-2013, 03:58 AM
Linda,

I understand the scary part for sure. I have been working two jobs totaling over 60 hours a week for the last 8 months. Quitting from those regular paychecks to unknown is super scary!

And finding an office was tough! I didn't understand what everyone meant when they said, "you'll know it when you see it" in regards to the best office. I had interviewed a couple of offices and I saw how I could make them fit, but it would have been extra work. But then I did interview THE office! The office that fit like a glove. The office that I KNEW, even before the end of the interview, that it was the place for me. I signed up before I even left the office that day.

It's an amazing feeling. Before, I questioned whether or not I would succeed. But with this office I know now that I will succeed. There isn't a question about it. The support, training, openness of other agents, all are freely available to me. I can't wait until I am full-time there (in July, woohoo)!

Well, if you want to talk more about it, feel free to contact me. I know that having people who understand really helps. I tried doing it part time, but my hourly job is 12 hour shifts 3 days in a row and it just didn't allow for any time to contact clients and I can't take or return calls while I am working. But I know some of the agents at my new office are part time and doing really well. You'll be able to do it just fine, it will just take some creative scheduling I am sure.

Anyway, let me know how it goes!

Julie Marie

Julie Marie

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. ~C.S. Lewis
05-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi Linda,
Congratulations on passing your test. It seems markets are finally starting to turn around throughout the nation. Here in Southwest Florida, we're already seeing a seller's market devolving due to increasing demand and small supply. Hopefully the trend will continue.

For what's it's worth, one bit of advice I'd pass on is the importance of building up a bit of a savings "buffer" before jumping into RE full-time. You might want to save as much as you can while you're at your current job, then you'll have that "buffer" to hold you over until the commission start rolling in once you start in RE.

I HIGHLY recommend reading Jennifer's books. I think she has some very good advice regarding trying to do RE part time.

Best wishes for success to you!
-- Steve Schultz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user