Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not happy with ixact contact
04-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Not happy with ixact contact
I recently signed on with Ixact contact based on Jennifer's recommendation. However, I just ran into a snag that I thought all of you should know about, if you are evaluating contact management systems.

I spent a bunch of time creating a drip campaign with all of my own material and emails. A couple of the letters in the series included attachments -items of value that I thought the recipient would appreciate and find useful. Low and behold, I uploaded the pdf to the email only to have the recipients on the other end say "There is nothing attached".

I called the support desk to find out what the problem was and a very unhelpful (borderline rude) tech support guy says the system doesn't work that way. You can only attach something to a one-off email, not to an email that is part of a drip campaign. When I asked why that would be, he said, "the system just doesn't work that way." Not helpful.

Now I need to go find another contact management system that does what I need it to do and treats its customers like they matter.
Find all posts by this user
04-26-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: Not happy with ixact contact
YIKESExclamation Before I joined my brokerage, I was also looking at the various options in contact management software including Ixact, Top Producer and some others.

Fortunately, the company I just joined offers a fantastic, all-encompassing software that takes you from the moment you get a lead to closing the escrow and getting your commission. This piece of technology alone will save me countless hours of work and frustration.

As an idea, instead of including the attachments in the email, could you customize a hyperlink to point to the document on your website? People are more likely to "click" on a link than they are to "open" a document attached to an email. Plus, it drives them to your website where you can hopefully market yourself even more. Just a thought...Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks, Clark- good idea- I'll try that. Wish that unhelpful techie at IxactContact had suggested that. Then I might not be as upset with them!
04-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Here is another take on the drip campaigns, newsletters, and customer update emails are going directly to spam, thanks to gmail's aggressive filters.

http://www.inman.com/next/gmails-spam-fi...-personal/

This is definitely worth reading. I've even noticed less of my newsletters getting opened.

Chiara (KEY-r-ah) Petro
Your KEY to home in Knoxville TN
04-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi Anne,

I'm Matthew, the Sales and Marketing Manager at IXACT Contact. I saw you posted this on our Facebook page too. I have responded and will give you a call as well to make sure you got our response. Here is what I wrote:

I confirmed with our Chief Technology Officer and the reason we don't have this capability is because adding attachments within drip emails could severely reduce the email deliverability.

Also, having the content of the attachment actually embedded within the email itself is preferable because people are more likely to read that, versus opening an attachment. We don't know of anyone in the industry who has the capability you're asking for (saving attachments within drip emails), likely because of the reasons I mentioned.

Clark was spot on when he wrote that a good idea is to add a hyperlink within the email as people could be more likely to click a hyperlink versus actually open an attachment.

I spoke with Mike, the Customer Support individual you spoke with and he didn't mean to come across as unhelpful or abrasive so I'm sorry it came across that way. I shared with him the exact reason we don't have this feature (what I mentioned above). Mike has been with us for a long time and we get tons of great feedback on the support he provides.

I'm sorry we don't have this feature. Please let me know if I can be of any help at all to you moving forward. I can be reached directly here at 1-866-665-0018.

Thanks!
Matthew
04-29-2013, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 01:17 PM by Clark Ransom.)
Wow! Now this is what I call a savvy and focused customer service philosophy. It is so hard to find people who will actually respond to you as Matthew has done in this post. Anne I hope you are able to speak to him and get some resolution.

This is the kind of person I want to deal with in my RE business. Intelligent, respectful and willing to go the extra step to get you what you need and more.

Kudos to Matt.
04-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Thank you very much, Clark! Customer service is extremely important to us. Have a fantastic day!
08-24-2013, 12:04 AM
its seems a nice forum
great discussion

thanks for sharing

mona