Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interview surprises
11-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Interview surprises
Hi fellow rookies. I've been interviewing various realties (again), and it's been quite the eye opener. So, here's what I've learned in the past week or so:

"Name brand" realties almost invariably push the cold calls model.
If anyone actually read the independent contractor agreement, no one would work for a realty.
As interviewee, I was treated to the "listing presentation" and/or the cold call pitch.
Apparently, the realty with the prettiest promo materials gets the listings.
Brokers will hire almost anyone, unless you question any of the above.

It's been fun.
Find all posts by this user
11-13-2013, 07:21 AM
RE: Interview surprises
Exactly!!! Welcome to the world of real estate! Love your insights - they're dead on.

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-25-2013, 05:37 AM
I am surprised no one has responded to your question and I wish I had an answer for you,

leather jackets leather jackets, bomber jackets, motorcycle jacket - eleatherjacket.co.uk
ccie http://www.pass4sure.com/CCIE-study-guide.html
11-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Adem ... How nice of you to write in about my post. I thought the circumstances funny, and so thought I would post. So, here's the follow up: I decided to be very up front about how I intend to go about (hopefully) attracting business, and what I was willing and not willing to do. I turned down a few offers, including one with a national reputation, that assured me (even after I turned them down) that I would be free to do as I wish in that regard. Interestingly, their contract was also the most reasonable one I had read. I accepted the position, and I am optimistic.
11-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Excellent!!! Which company is it, do you mind my asking?

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experiences...

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2013, 12:31 AM
I thought I would share a marketing resource I recently found on the internet: MeebleMail. It is email stationery that is compatible with several email servers (gmail, yahoo are a couple). I intend to use the stationery for emails/newsletters to my SOI. I believe the service is free at the moment.