Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you do YOUR Listing presentation?
01-06-2014, 12:44 PM
How do you do YOUR Listing presentation?
Reading some marketing RE books, and there's mention of listing appts, but no details as to what folks DO at them...I

I did find one short thread here I read...wonder if more agents can tell us how YOU do your listing presentations...

Thanks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2014, 06:16 AM
RE: How do you do YOUR Listing presentation?
First things first - stop thinking of it as a presentation. It's not, or it shouldn't be. It's an appointment, an interview or a consultation. Where both parties meet, talk about the situation and decide if they want to move forward together.

The agent should do a whole lot less talking than the seller. Imagine if you went to a doctor and he spent your whole time together telling you how awesome he was at diagnosing illnesses but never asked you much about what was ailing you. That's how most agents approach the listing appointment. Silly silly.

I've written a ton about this - if you like, go into Searchable Soul (here at Connect) and click on the Listing Presentations tag...

I also talk a lot about listing appointments in my book, If You're Not Having Fun...

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
03-20-2014, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 11:43 AM by TMack.)
Jennifer is SPOT on.

Don't think of it as a 'presentation' but as an appointment, or a meeting.

IMO, you should come prepared with pricing information (you don't come up with a price until you see the house, but you should have an idea of the range when you show up) and with what you will help them do to get their house sold.

But in reality, it matters more that you build rapport with the seller. Most people will choose the agent they feel most comfortable with, as opposed to the one with the 'slickest' presentation. So ask a lot of questions, have them walk you through the house, point out their upgrades, talk about their kids, etc. etc. Remember, it's not rocket science...it's relationship.

Don't be nervous, be genuine. People like genuine.
03-21-2014, 05:22 AM
TMack - I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
08-14-2014, 11:34 AM
That was so helpful (so were your Articles under Searchable Soul Jennifer) and it makes the whole thing seem much less daunting and awkward!
Just to clarify- first you come by the house to look it over and talk with the sellers. Then do you tell them the price or price range then? Later in another visit, call or email?
Find all posts by this user
08-15-2014, 05:52 AM
Personally I would be prepared to talk about general pricing in the area, but not their specific house since you don't have enough information until after you've seen the home and talked with them.

I would meet with them, tour the home, gather information and the promise to "do my homework" and get back with them the next day. Worked every time.

08-19-2014, 02:58 PM
I was just getting ready to ask my broker to help with this: both for seller and buyer appointments (notice how I didn't say "presentations" lol). I know that it may vary with each office, as to what you should include and how to get the marketing materials, but I would like to have the basic handouts ready at all times and, then, individualize it with each person. I would like to be prepared somewhat before I go to an appointment.
Find all posts by this user