Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reviews on Motivational Speakers and Trainers
08-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Reviews on Motivational Speakers and Trainers
Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie (since April 2014) and I have no clients yet. But my mother keeps harping on me to take a training seminar with Andrew Lacey because her good friend and neighbor is a Realtor and she goes on and on about how great he is. Now I am all for learning new things, but I wonder how great his approach really is. I know there are tons of motivational speakers and Real Estate Gurus out there so I am wary. And since My family is now down to one income I am reluctant to spend $600+ on something that promises amazing results--call me skeptical. Also, this friend of my mother's is in the Promotion videos for Andrew Lacey. Is it possible she gets kickbacks for this? She is a very nice lady so I don't think she would lead me astray but you never know.

What I want to know is-are there any good Real Estate related trainings/seminars, etch out there worth the price?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
08-14-2014, 05:29 AM
RE: Reviews on Motivational Speakers and Trainers
I haven't heard of this person, but when you read about his philosophy does it sound like something you're excited about? That's a good gauge - don't think that just because you go to a seminar you will change who you are - you won't.

What do you hope to accomplish by attending a seminar?

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi Jennifer! Thanks for the response. The trouble is that I can't find anything about his philopsophy. I just see all these agents on his website gushing about his seminars and how they had this "ah-ha" moment and then their sales improved.

I agree with you that a seminar will not change who I am, which is basically what I was trying to tell my mother. If it is all about cold calling and being pushy that is not me and I don't want to spend $800 bucks to find out that is what he is peddling!

I just hoped to find someone here who could say, yes I have seen him and his message is great, or no forget that guy, but check out this person.
08-15-2014, 05:47 AM
Well, I wouldn't dream of spending $800 on it then... perhaps you can "assign" your mother to find out more about what he teaches and preaches...

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
08-15-2014, 05:50 AM
By the way, Allison - I applaud you for all the work you're doing to prepare for and follow-up afterwards on your open houses... I think you just need to refocus all that energy a bit into activities that are more comfortable and fun for you...

08-19-2014, 07:30 AM
Hi Allison. I would suggest that you check out any coach on YouTube. Many will offer relatively low cost monthly subscriptions ... It doesn't take long to figure out if their method will work for you .... And, if not, you will have gained value since, I think, we take something for ourselves in anything we learn, and it might help you find your path. I just went that route myself .... Robin