Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello From Sunny Santa Fe!
01-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Hello From Sunny Santa Fe!
Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to real estate and am both excited and scared to get started. In fact, I'm not really sure where to start. I feel like I begin each day with the best intentions to contact my SOI, and then I get sidetracked learning my market, what to say (and not to say), contracts, scripts (do I really need these things????!!!), tracking calls and activities, etc.

Anyway, I hope to glean some good advice from the top producers who've used SWS to establish and build their businesses.

FIRST QUESTION: I've been approached by an experienced agent -- one I like and who has a good business -- to partner. What should I do?

Thanks so much for your help, advice and input. I look forward to connecting with each and every one of you.

-Guin White
Santa Fe, NM

-----------
"Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." --Mahatma Gandhi
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2015, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 04:07 PM by TMack.)
RE: Hello From Sunny Santa Fe!
(01-12-2015 05:12 PM)Guin White Wrote:  Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to real estate and am both excited and scared to get started. In fact, I'm not really sure where to start. I feel like I begin each day with the best intentions to contact my SOI, and then I get sidetracked learning my market, what to say (and not to say), contracts, scripts (do I really need these things????!!!), tracking calls and activities, etc.

Anyway, I hope to glean some good advice from the top producers who've used SWS to establish and build their businesses.

FIRST QUESTION: I've been approached by an experienced agent -- one I like and who has a good business -- to partner. What should I do?

Thanks so much for your help, advice and input. I look forward to connecting with each and every one of you.

-Guin White
Santa Fe, NM

As to whether or not you want to partner. Well that is up to you. Personally, we chose not to partner when we were approached by a top agent. We liked what they had to offer -- but at the end of the day, we wanted to build our own business, and our own brand. We didn't want to build someone else's brand.

As for your day...I would highly suggest time blocking your day. What that means is that you schedule aspects of your day so that you can just focus on one thing.

So you might spend 1 hr learning your systems, scripts, contracts, etc. - , 2 hr of prospecting, 1 hr of follow up, 2 hours of previewing / showing clients --- I think you get the idea.

Just don't let the things you want to do derail you from doing the things you need to do.

Good luck!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user