Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Squeeze Page" lead follow up
11-14-2015, 02:36 PM
"Squeeze Page" lead follow up
Hi,

I'm a rookie, licensed since last spring but put off starting my new career when I found out I was pregnant with my second child. Now that the baby is here I'm ready to rock and roll, and I officially started with my brokerage in late August of this year. I've closed one deal so far, and I'm hoping to keep the ball rolling. I have no doubt that I will. My brokerage is great, offering a ton of support in a family like setting. But I am feeling a bit put off by the pressure to "work" my Boomtown "squeeze page" leads, as if it's going to produce a large amount of solid business.

I am not an introvert necessarily....but I do have a lot of introvert characteristics and I absolutely hate to bother, push and pester. I don't want to bother these people that supplied their phone number because they had to in order to view listings. I've called several of these leads and they do not want to talk to a Realtor at this time in their home search.

My issue is that I get annoyed when a site requires my contact information in order to access their content, and I get even more annoyed when they start calling me soon after I supply my number. I don't want to be that person on the other end of line pestering. I'm sure that some of these leads will produce real, tangible clients, but I really don't think it will be very often. I understand that if I "stay in front" of these leads (the few that are willing to speak with me), that they may choose to work with me 6 months or a year down the line when they are actually ready to purchase. But to me it is just not worth pestering the other 95% that don't want to go there right now.

I'm working to build by business around my SOI. I don't know a ton of people in the area but I'm going to start getting myself out there a lot more in order to meet more people. I joined several groups on meetup.com this week and will start attending a ton of events in order to expand my SOI. I feel much more comfortable "prospecting" this way. I'm great in person, and I feel that simply getting to know more people and creating real relationships will produce much more business than chasing after these internet leads. Also, I feel that when I use up my energy on the strategies that I do not enjoy, I have less energy for those that I do.

So.....am I crazy to not be extremely excited about these Boomtown "squeeze page" leads?? Should I improve my follow up with them or focus my energy on strategies that fit my personality better?
Find all posts by this user
11-14-2015, 03:05 PM
RE: "Squeeze Page" lead follow up
Hi Danielle. I am licensed two years now, and have been associated with 3 realties in that time. The first was a "mom and pop shop" that was lovely but provided no forward impetus. The second is a large national company that pushed cold calls, etc, and several agents thrive doing that. I felt very out of place, and have since joined Keller Williams (a franchise, largest real estate company in the country, known for their coaching resources and agent centered culture). I have found a company that accepts the various personality differences of its agents, and is very supportive in providing tools for me to do well within my comfort zone. Personally, i think that those who do call leads do more business quickly, but if you intend to be in the business long term and can afford to develop a following more slowly, then follow your convictions. What that will mean is either ignore your manager, or move to a company that has a philosophy closer to your own. Good luck, Robin
Find all posts by this user
11-15-2015, 06:23 AM
RE: "Squeeze Page" lead follow up
Robin - I would totally trust your gut on this. Not saying that Internet "leads" (I hate that word) can't be good sources of business - I believe they can - but I don't think it's something to focus a lot of time and energy on, especially if it's time and energy that you're taking away from more effective business development strategies (like your SOI!).

That said, here is a blog I wrote recently on the subject... see what you think!

http://swsconnect.com/searchable/soul/pr...web-leads/

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user