Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Especially for Rookies & Pre-Rookies...
12-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Especially for Rookies & Pre-Rookies...
'Alo my rookie & pre-rookie friends!

I'm setting up this board especially for the rookie agents who will be participating in my soon-to-be-released SWS  School for Rookie Real Estate Agents, but all are welcome to hang out!

If you have issues that are particularly rookie-specific, post 'em here!

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-19-2008, 06:18 AM
Re: Especially for Rookies & Pre-Rookies...
Hello Jennifer

I look forward to joining up shortly to your Rookie Lessons.  I am a real newbie, just started a week ago to study for my Real Estate Salespersons Licence in Queensland Australia.

Your site is a "hoot", full of enthusiastic energy and encouragement.  No wonder you were/are successful in Real Estate - may I always display such enjoyment in my career.  I plan to and think your site will be one of those pivotal events in my life and a place of continual encouragement. 

Love what I have seen in the forum so far, continue dear lady to be the inspiration for so many.

Rossco
12-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Well, thank you Rossco!!!! And Welcome to the soulful crowd - as you're seeing, we're pretty darn awesome!

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
01-31-2009, 06:02 AM
Thanks Jennifer,
I have a feeling that I am going to feel like a rookie for a long time. This blog will definitely help. It is interesting to retire from a vocation where you were at the level of expertise and enter a new and exciting field (and definitely challenging!)...and suddenly become Rainman the Realtor.  ;D. I have watched from "outside" for a few months and am really impressed with the SWS crowd, and especially the philosophy! I am definitely looking forward to being involved with all you guys!
01-31-2009, 06:33 AM
Bill - it IS really hard to start over and feel like an idiot - Rainman the Realtor - love it! A few years ago I tried to learn how to do mortgages and I HATED the learning curve. I was so used to being an expert, so to be clueless was just about more than I can stand. I don't remember feeling so freaked out when I went into real estate; maybe it's something that comes with age. Maybe I'm now too darn OLD to learn new tricks!

01-31-2009, 05:13 PM
As of this morning, I officially became a Rookie Agent!! I passed my state exam and I couldn't be happier! Jennifer, I'm looking forward to all of the tools that you offer in your books and training programs. After reading Sell With Soul, I was hooked! Now comes the hard part, but I'll be ready! I'm off to celebrate with some friends who cheered me on the whole way... ;D

Cindy
01-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Go, you!!!!!

Once you've celebrated - yeah, it's time to get to work... let us help... as you have questions & concerns & fears & successes... please share.

Congratulations and go get 'em.

J

02-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Hello Jennifer,

I am a new rookie as you know, and am itching to "get out there".  Did my first open house two weeks ago.  It was a REO listing from an out of area agent.  I am hoping to get in contact with some buyers.  I have worked for my broker for 5 months now and am overwhelmed with the information that is out in cyber space. Everyday there is more to learn and I am very excited.  You are an inspiration.  Thank God I found you. Big Grin
02-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Anjak.... you can sort through most of the garbage that's out there by asking your gut if the material resonates with you. If it doesn't, discard it. Don't be afraid to do things your way, even if 99% of the advice you get contradicts your gut feel...

03-30-2009, 08:57 AM
(01-31-2009 05:13 PM)RealSuccess link Wrote:  As of this morning, I officially became a Rookie Agent!! I passed my state exam and I couldn't be happier! Jennifer, I'm looking forward to all of the tools that you offer in your books and training programs. After reading Sell With Soul, I was hooked! Now comes the hard part, but I'll be ready! I'm off to celebrate with some friends who cheered me on the whole way... ;D

Cindy

Cindy, Best of luck to you!  Reading Jennifer's Sell With Soul is an excellent way to start your practice, follow her path and guidance and you will save yourself a ton of aggravation and heartache.  And I'm so glad to see that you have a fan club.  I've always had one as well, and they actually encouraged (and dared me!) to get into real estate and they are the ones I go to when I hit the inevitable bumpy road.