Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Especially for Rookies & Pre-Rookies...
04-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Re: Especially for Rookies & Pre-Rookies...
I will be taking my state exam in a few weeks.  I feel like a complete idiot.  How could I have been studying now for 3 months and not remember a thing!!! ???

As soon as I pass my exam (and I will!)  How do I know which agency to join? 
04-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Oh, Lois... you aren't a complete idiot!!! You found us!

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2009, 03:01 PM
I hung back for 2 months...just watching the market...and waiting for the right answer about where to hang my shingle.  Out of the clear blue sky one day I got a call from an old friend asking me to join her in the newly opened office she had agreed to manage for one of the most prestigious private companies in Bucks County, PA.  It was an incredible learning experience for me.  You will find your way.
04-18-2009, 03:18 PM
RC - You're in Bucks County? I didn't know that - Lots of SWS'ers seem to be from there...

Lois - I'll try to find you some threads from other forums where this topic has been discussed - but also re-read that section of SWS about Choosing Your Office. And yes, YOU choose the office you want to bless with your presence, not the other way around!

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
04-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Lois - there's another real estate forum that has a fairly active section for "aspiring agents." The attitude is, at times, a little cheesy, but there is some good information there. Here's the link: http://www.agentsonline.net/forums/ubbth...ents.html. The first thread there is about interviewing your first broker, and there are many other threads scattered throughout the forum with similar discussions.

The "Agents & Brokers" board on that forum is the one I'm a moderator on. And there are some real non-SWS characters there!

04-19-2009, 06:24 AM
JA: Yep, born & raised here...LOVE working in such a beautiful area!

Lois:  YOU choose the brokerage...take your time and decide what YOU want...how they can help YOU!
04-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Lois,
I will get laughed off the forum for making this suggestion...

I took a "distance learning course" by computer (oh Gawd!)...written no doubt by a team of lawyers. I invested in The "Dummies" book about passing the real estate exam. The book is written with humor and certain explanations, said in different words click where other author's or teacher's words don't.

This is one of many reasons why Jennifer's works speak to me. They have humor and are conversationally written.

It is a thought...but "Rainman the REALTOR" is my title Wink.
04-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks Jen.  I'll check it out.  By the way I feel a lot smarter than before.  I find if I take my practice exams over and over again, like I am supposed to, it helps to boost my confidence. 

What a nice group of people here.  I appreciate the encouragement.
05-17-2009, 10:09 PM
I passed my test last week! ;D  I am in California and you don't find out if you passed right away.  It was a little frustrating to wait 3 days.  We are so used to finding things out right away.

Anyway, I am so happy I passed.  This week I am going to make apppointments with a few firms to see which one I want to join.

I want to do this full time, but I have another business that is keeping me afloat while I ramp the new business up.  I have a feeling I will be working hard at both businesses for awhile.
05-18-2009, 05:22 AM
CONGRATS LOIS!!!!!