Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Especially for Rookies & Pre-Rookies...
06-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Re: Especially for Rookies & Pre-Rookies...
Hello, all!

I'm wrapping up my classes and will be passing the exam very soon!  (In New Jersey!)
The Real Estate Salesperson exam, that is!

However, I will be working Part Time, since I have a full time job, which I guess puts another monkey wrench in things.
I figured, if I put in my learning time now, when I retire from my full time job, I will be experienced enough and have enough contacts by the time I retire in 8 years to be successful.

It will be interesting to see how I balance the two and learn at the same time!

By the way, did anyone of you try contacting successful real estate agents/brokers in your local neighborhood for advice?
Well, I did by email and let me tell you -- Boy, did I get the cold shoulder! 
Not one of them responded to me or even acknowledged they got my email!

I'm so happy to be a part of this caring forum!  I am a perfectionist at heart and feel I fit right in already!

Wish me luck!
Diana
06-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Welcome Diana!!!!!

Great question about whether or not anyone else tried to contact agents in their area for advice... anyone?

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Ooops!  I "spoke" too soon!  I have to correct my previous post. 

I actually was contacted via phone by one real estate agent who has been in the field for 13 years! 

She said she was flattered that I wanted her opinion and that's why she contacted me.  I also found out that she participates in a program for neglected children.  That's when I knew she was one of us:  "Selling with Soul"!

Diana
06-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Congratulations Lois!
  The type of communication you received will be your best ally in starting a new career.  It seems as though the really soulfilled agents are not afraid of competition like the sharks and top producers who see you as a threat rather than an ally.  There is plenty of business to go around and nothing to fear.  Just be yourself and appreciate all the good feedback you get...ignore the rest.
07-08-2009, 05:05 PM
OMG!  I passed the Real Estate Salesperson exam! 

Now I have to find an "employer" in New Jersey. 

Any suggestions for a Rookie that will be working part time on which type of company I should go with?

I know that the main thing I will be looking for is training, since I don't have any.  But any other suggestions for me on interviewing brokers and what type of questions I should ask?
07-09-2009, 11:29 PM
I am an agent with Coldwell Banker Hearthside...we have many offices in PA and one in Frenchtown, NJ.  I am very happy with CB...their training is next to none.  I am a coach for new agents and can tell you that you will never be alone!  I have worked for small boutique firms when the market was faster and it was fine; now I am happy to be with a large corporate brand and a franchise that is still growing in spite of the economy.  Good Luck!  Take all the time you need to interview the companies to see which one deserves you!!!
11-04-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Especially for Rookies & Pre-Rookies...
(12-10-2008 03:48 PM)Jennifer Allan Hagedorn Wrote:  'Alo my rookie & pre-rookie friends!

I'm setting up this board especially for the rookie agents who will be participating in my soon-to-be-released SWS  School for Rookie Real Estate Agents, but all are welcome to hang out!

If you have issues that are particularly rookie-specific, post 'em here!

HI!

Officially Rookie...now that I passed the state exam last Friday! yaay!

Hope to learn and build a SOLID foundation for my new career here. Look forward to knowing you all. Look forward to learning.
Find all posts by this user