Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Rookie SWS'er Guide to Broker Interviews
03-22-2012, 05:29 AM
RE: The Rookie SWS'er Guide to Broker Interviews
Yayayay!! Looking forward to the news on Friday...

Oh, DO make sure they won't require you to use their email server and that you can have your own website and blog... you just mention strict branding guidelines, so this is something you need to confirm...

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi Jennifer,
Friday turned out great! I am now an agent with Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby's International Realty. I'll continue to post in the SWS Forum as I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. I'll also post my progress as I navigate this real estate world. Thank you for all your advice and encouragement.

"GOAL: When someone talks about you behind your back, you want them to refer to you as FIRST CLASS." -Jeffrey Gitomer
03-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Yay you! You sound so excited!!! Definitely keep us posted here.

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
05-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi, Jennifer---I just came back from my first broker interview and am so excited I couldn't wait to post here! When I first found this forum, I shared my concerns about joining a friend in the business when I wasn't sure I like that particular office culture, but my fears have been fading as my friend is starting to ease out of the business. I'm registered for my pre-licensing class and thought it was time to test the waters.

I just met with the manager of the local Long and Foster office, and I eventually had to ask her if she had read your book because so much of what she said echoed your philosophy (she hadn't, but she said wrote down the name and said she was going to buy it tonight!). Some quotes: "I will never tell you to waste your time doing cold calls." "I hate sales people, I hang up on sales people, and I don't want sales people working here. I want problem solvers. If you're sick, you go to a doctor. If you have a legal problem, you go to a lawyer. I want people working for me who dedicate themselves to understanding the business because people will pay for your service if they respect your knowledge."

I also liked the way she described the split---starts each year at 50/50, but goes to 90/10 as soon as you a) net $16,999 if you have a desk in the office or b) net $13,999 if you work entirely from home. She also said you keep 100% after you net $120K.

I know I should do my due diligence and investigate other offices, but I was so excited after we talked (she spent about 90 minutes with me) I was ready to come home and quit my job immediately. Smile
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Oooh, I love her already!!!!! She sounds fabulous!