Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your SOI
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Your SOI
Hello everyone - new to the forum, but excited to be here.  Been a big fan of Jennifer's for some time now.  I read everything of Jennifer's I can get my hands on!  Smile  Love her ideas.

Anyways ~  I currently hold a real estate license but have it with a "holding" company.  However, come the first of the year I will bring my license out and begin my career full-time.  VERY excited!

In the meantime I have been studying real estate, marketing and prospecting topics and working on strategies to have in place once I bring my license out of holding.

My question is this - when working on your SOI who should you be placing on your list?  I realize family, friends, but who else?  And how should one go about asking for their email address?  Should I ask if they even want to be on my "mailing" list?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  And thanks in advance!
11-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Re: Your SOI
Welcome!!!

The short answer is - Your Sphere of Influence is Everyone Who Knows You and Knows that You Sell Real Estate. Therefore, you should strive to turn "everyone you know" into the above definition (without being obnoxious about it).

The longer answer is to start making a list of everyone you know. Keep this list with you at all times and as you think of more people to add, write them down. Don't worry about contact information or anything else - just names names names. As you add names, focus on each and think of who you else you know from that particular social network. Don't forget the people your spouse or S.O. knows. Don't limit your list to people you think would refer to you.

Everyone you know.

Spend the next few days making your list. Strive for at least 100 names. 200 would be great. Then check back in for further instructions  Smile

"The Secret of Joy in work is one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." Pearl S. Buck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Re: Your SOI
Thanks Jennifer ~  I will do that!  Then you can be sure I will check in for further details on what to do next!  lol

It doesn't need to be people I know really well, does it?  I have LOTS of acquaintances!  lol  You know . . . people that I pretty much just know their names.

Thanks again!